
How about a project that is fun, virtually mindless, and the result is functional and cute!?
First you need some old magazines or catalogs.
You also need:
magnetic buttons
flat marbles
craft hole punch
glue

The clear marbles work best if you want to be able to clearly identify the images. I was lured in by the iridescent marbles, but figured out simple is better for this project. Mine came from Walmart and I have no idea how much they cost.The magnets are from Walmart also. They are 3/4 inch diameter and they are very strong, which is great! I don't remember how much they cost, maybe $4 (for 50 magnets).
The hole punch is a must, you do not want to cut out numerous, perfect 3/4 inch circles by hand. I can't remember how much it was either, but I am thinking under $10 at the craft store.
So basically what I'm saying is I have no idea how much the whole thing costs, but it is really fun!
Oh, the glue, I do know how much it cost because it actually has a sticker, $3.99 at the craft store.
I like to make sets, like these superhero magnets.

Or these Christmas ones.

Sesame Street magnets are sweet.

But my personal favorites are the food ones.

I usually sit down with my magazines and all of my supplies. Then when something catches my eye I test it out with a marble to make sure that the image will be appealing and that you can tell what it is. The marbles magnify the image and you would be amazed at what tiny images work perfectly for this project.
Okay, here are the actual steps involved.
1) Find an image you want to make into a magnet.

2) Hole punch your image, I turn my punch upside down so I can see exactly what is going to be punched.
3) Get a magnet and put a small drop of glue on it.

4) Put your hole-punched image on the glue and move it around a little to spread out the glue.
5) Put another drop of glue on top of the image (it dries clear).

6) Put the marble on top of the image and the glue will spread out perfectly.

7) Let dry.
P.S. My camera did a really good job of capturing all the flaws, so maybe you'll just take my word for it how cute and glossy they are in real life.

1 comment:
LOVE IT!! This has got to be shared! Thanks for the great instruction. You could also use scrapbooking tools to cut the circle (if they go small enough).
Post a Comment