Monday, October 27, 2008

Why Our Sled is Moonlighting

“Mike, honey, seriously. When will you learn it doesn’t do any good to worry about these things. I told you and told you, God is in control and we’ve done all we can do. I really think it will be okay.”

That is a real conversation. Seriously. Except that I was being sarcastic because, as usual, it was Mike who should have been saying that to moi. Argh. I’m really never going to learn, am I?

Thank You, God, that Your mercies are new every morning.

If you have driven by our house lately and seen a yellow sled on our roof, I’ll explain: that is not our idea of preparing for extreme winter sports. It is an attempt to keep out any additional rain that might find its way into our closet, which incidentally is inside our house, where (call me picky) rain most certainly is not welcome.

“Why a child’s toy?” you may ask. Well, we paid a roofer $500 (a portion of the job) to do something a little more, what is the word I’m looking for? – professional? – permanent? – roof-like?? Yes, all of those things.
Funny thing though, ha ha ha. Once we paid him, he stopped returning calls and emails. Ha, ha, hee, hee, grrrr.

The deadline for the roof to be repaired came and went along with several rain showers.

But finally one week later, all my worrying paid off (erhuh, clearing throat, eyes darting upward).
Our would-be roofer emailed with an excuse, but thankfully (oh the mercy of God!) agreed to give us our money back so we can get someone else to replace the yellow sled with oh, maybe some boards, shingles and waterproof material. Anyone know a good roofer?
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and
petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. Philippians 4:6

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails